Saturday, January 07, 2006

I'm Not Terrorist

In Phnom Pen airport, Cambodia, My friend and I are waiting to get permission, although as said by Cambodian regulation, there is no visa requirement to enter the country.

We are here to participate in the first ever Asian South Eastern conference on clinical legal education. In our invitation letters are written professors although we are not professors but even these invitation letters from conference organizers can not be helpful since officers are coming and looking at us like criminals.

"Lada" is a young student with kind face who is here to pick up us from the airport. I am asking him to tell us why emigrant's officers are not allowing us to enter the country with regard to this fact that one of the best Cambodian universities has guaranteed us. He is smiling at me: You know Sahar, there are saying that no one can guarantee Iranians because … He is not comfortable to tell me what he is hearing from them. I am requesting him to continue. "They are saying no one can guarantee you as Iranians because you are terrorists."

I am feeling annoyed for whole day. I am thinking about more than 60 millions Iranians who wish for connecting the world and other nations in peace and friendship. Who cares really about radicals with hostile intentions against some countries seeing as they are a weak minority in my country?

I am feeling angry because of the fear that Western mass media are producing against Muslim countries. I am feeling angry of Bush administration to establish Islam phobia, Middle- East phobia, Afghanistan phobia, Iraq phobia, Iran phobia …I am feeling angry of terrorists who are using religion to legitimize their action against humanity......and simply I am feeling angry because I am not terrorist.

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 09, 2006, Blogger Spider Girl said...

You are justified in feeling angry.

I think that the governments of some countries have forgotten that we are all part of the same world and that most of us are peace-loving good people.

It's a real shame. Peace to you.

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sahar jan,
I understand you and I remember the feel of anger we both had at the Phnom Penh airport. I can't forget the smile of the immigrant officers at the covered picture of mine in my passport and I can't stop wishing my country to get its lost dignity and prosperity again.
lots of luck
Noushin

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Blogger Admin said...

I love this post. Thank you for speaking your mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home